One phase ..Four years of madness, craziness, recklessness..Four years resulting in bonding's for a lifetime..Few lives come together to create a small world of happiness and togetherness ...Friends !!! A life that defined what friendship is and how it thrives, moments which taught me how few people become integral part of our lives, events that made me realise few people can accept us just the way we are , few gits will always know us in and out !
I entered this place called "Tumkur" , never in my 18 years of life i had heard of such a place but now it seems like this place will always be in my memories. Its four years since I came to this SIT and everything still seems like yesterday . First day of my college everything seemed so new, uncertainty hovering above, fear of new people and place, homesickness being the constant companion and studies driving me crazy. I was afraid of people around me because I felt I was from different part of the world, well thats how everybody exclaimed Gulbarga !! so far ! The moment i entered hostel , my very first thought was to pick my bags and go back ! That feeling persisted for long time. I used to dream of my hometown listening to class, I would picture my home and my friends. Sometimes homesickness haunted me in broad day light and others times it crept up to me during dark nights. Hostel made me realize that I love my family the most and that no matter what happens my parents will always be there for me.
When I first came to "my class" , ha ! I was doomed seeing everybody s face, but i found few warming smiles and today they are my best friends. First two semesters that I wrote were the only ones where I can proudly boast of scoring some decent marks. One noon when i returned from routine college I saw a girl standing in mess , she turned out to be my classmate roopa - my delicate darling. Today she s my best friend and has been my roommate for four years and it all seems like yesterday. I remember we both agreeing on same points and bitching about same things ! Yeah we differed a lot in many aspects but that turned out to be the beauty of our friendship thats still going strong and is here to stay. I remember a particular incident when I mischievously smacked her and the next moment her face was shining with tears. I was too embarrassed to tell anything to her because I was clearly misunderstood, she has been a great support to me, always keeping an eye on me, I have attended half of my morning classes just because of her and her dialogue " Idiot ! you ll be running short of attendance , come quickly i ll be waiting for you" . Whenever she said she would wait for me , I felt really glad , not cause she was waiting rather I would delay her too :P
Few more idiots entered my life in second year and since then my SIT life has been a roller coaster ride. I met my another Best git of my life in second year-Megha the Man :P, she unlike my other roommate I mentioned above was totally different, this lady supported me in all my reckless activities while my other roomy was skeptic. This lady cooked up pranks with me to trouble the other one and at times she was the victim of my pranks. Once I had decorated their lovely faces with all creams while they were snoring peacefully , the following morning saw a fit thrown by my delicate darling and the other one was cool about it. I had enjoyed every moment of it :P The loudest symphony ( people called it as noise !! ew) always came from our room, everytime we were caught having fun. These four years have been like golden sand slipping away from my hand while I enjoyed the glitter and shine. I remember a girl in first year who seemed totally out of place just like me , but she was far more upset. Today she s one my best friend - Enter Pallo Rani ! Only I know how I have survived through a class full apathetic people in the beginning , if it was not for her I would have been doomed and would never have known what friendship is. She has helped me come out of my tough times of indecisive attitude.I remember few secret outings we went together, spontaneous, careless, fun filled outings!
I mentioned only about three gits , there are few more to go.. In second year I met some really unusual people ( No offence they still are unusual's) Enter Tham and Nass , In an unfortunate incident I met them in IEEE team and that remains my favorite team of all times. We three worked together so in sync- Tham- One of the Best leader and dynamic personality without whom we used to stay blank ( Yeah cause he was the one who supported my every idea and then would suddenly tell : we can do it this way also !! so we would rather decide to stay blank ), Nass- Leader, Caretaker and Pacifier who has the gift of calming every situation ( How ? Why ? cause he s one of the laziest smart kid ) . Me- A person who always looked forward to hang with these two ! be it work ( through which I learnt a lot from them or be it fun where I lived my life s few best moments) These two have been there for me at all times , its difficult to get used to their absence, but then we will find ways to hang out again cause ours is the best team !
Today I write all of this , cause I know things are changing quickly and am frightened about that. Change though most of the time happens for good but for now am plain blank . I want these gits to know what they mean to me , we have had our great moments together , times of hardships we shared , times of happiness we savoured together. I don know how are things going to be in future, all I want to tell is no matter what our bonds will always be the same ! I don know how I would have lived my life for four years without these gits , who have left ocean of memories in my life. This is dedicated to all these wonderful people ...who will always remain biggest GITS of my life :)
I entered this place called "Tumkur" , never in my 18 years of life i had heard of such a place but now it seems like this place will always be in my memories. Its four years since I came to this SIT and everything still seems like yesterday . First day of my college everything seemed so new, uncertainty hovering above, fear of new people and place, homesickness being the constant companion and studies driving me crazy. I was afraid of people around me because I felt I was from different part of the world, well thats how everybody exclaimed Gulbarga !! so far ! The moment i entered hostel , my very first thought was to pick my bags and go back ! That feeling persisted for long time. I used to dream of my hometown listening to class, I would picture my home and my friends. Sometimes homesickness haunted me in broad day light and others times it crept up to me during dark nights. Hostel made me realize that I love my family the most and that no matter what happens my parents will always be there for me.
When I first came to "my class" , ha ! I was doomed seeing everybody s face, but i found few warming smiles and today they are my best friends. First two semesters that I wrote were the only ones where I can proudly boast of scoring some decent marks. One noon when i returned from routine college I saw a girl standing in mess , she turned out to be my classmate roopa - my delicate darling. Today she s my best friend and has been my roommate for four years and it all seems like yesterday. I remember we both agreeing on same points and bitching about same things ! Yeah we differed a lot in many aspects but that turned out to be the beauty of our friendship thats still going strong and is here to stay. I remember a particular incident when I mischievously smacked her and the next moment her face was shining with tears. I was too embarrassed to tell anything to her because I was clearly misunderstood, she has been a great support to me, always keeping an eye on me, I have attended half of my morning classes just because of her and her dialogue " Idiot ! you ll be running short of attendance , come quickly i ll be waiting for you" . Whenever she said she would wait for me , I felt really glad , not cause she was waiting rather I would delay her too :P
Few more idiots entered my life in second year and since then my SIT life has been a roller coaster ride. I met my another Best git of my life in second year-Megha the Man :P, she unlike my other roommate I mentioned above was totally different, this lady supported me in all my reckless activities while my other roomy was skeptic. This lady cooked up pranks with me to trouble the other one and at times she was the victim of my pranks. Once I had decorated their lovely faces with all creams while they were snoring peacefully , the following morning saw a fit thrown by my delicate darling and the other one was cool about it. I had enjoyed every moment of it :P The loudest symphony ( people called it as noise !! ew) always came from our room, everytime we were caught having fun. These four years have been like golden sand slipping away from my hand while I enjoyed the glitter and shine. I remember a girl in first year who seemed totally out of place just like me , but she was far more upset. Today she s one my best friend - Enter Pallo Rani ! Only I know how I have survived through a class full apathetic people in the beginning , if it was not for her I would have been doomed and would never have known what friendship is. She has helped me come out of my tough times of indecisive attitude.I remember few secret outings we went together, spontaneous, careless, fun filled outings!
I mentioned only about three gits , there are few more to go.. In second year I met some really unusual people ( No offence they still are unusual's) Enter Tham and Nass , In an unfortunate incident I met them in IEEE team and that remains my favorite team of all times. We three worked together so in sync- Tham- One of the Best leader and dynamic personality without whom we used to stay blank ( Yeah cause he was the one who supported my every idea and then would suddenly tell : we can do it this way also !! so we would rather decide to stay blank ), Nass- Leader, Caretaker and Pacifier who has the gift of calming every situation ( How ? Why ? cause he s one of the laziest smart kid ) . Me- A person who always looked forward to hang with these two ! be it work ( through which I learnt a lot from them or be it fun where I lived my life s few best moments) These two have been there for me at all times , its difficult to get used to their absence, but then we will find ways to hang out again cause ours is the best team !
Today I write all of this , cause I know things are changing quickly and am frightened about that. Change though most of the time happens for good but for now am plain blank . I want these gits to know what they mean to me , we have had our great moments together , times of hardships we shared , times of happiness we savoured together. I don know how are things going to be in future, all I want to tell is no matter what our bonds will always be the same ! I don know how I would have lived my life for four years without these gits , who have left ocean of memories in my life. This is dedicated to all these wonderful people ...who will always remain biggest GITS of my life :)
kitaa (d Scary crow) waise i usually dont praise u much but really yar ur writin skill can make ppl cry (not me i m not tat emo bt it can b ur delicate darling :P).....well written... summary of d past 4 yrs in these 4 para...thnks 4 all d praises....its a frndship of a lifetm so bonds will always b intatct n agr nai rahe to me hu na.... sabko seedha karne k liye ;)....
ReplyDeletewill miss u all guyz n d moments v all spent togethr either it may b ieee events or d trips or d nightouts.... :(
simply the best....ruladiya!!
ReplyDeleteNice write-up....Abhishek ki tarah, mujhe bhi rona aa gaya...! ;)
ReplyDeleteI think first 2 paragraphs are the best!
Further paras become a little personal and its difficult for me to relate to them.
A couple of things i didn't understand though -
What do u mean by Gits? Ghost of the shell - the cartoon ? ;)
And Tham and Nass??