When I saw her growing and flourishing, I wondered if I can capture that moment forever. I recited inspirational stories to her, her tiny eyes would bulge with that new piece of knowledge. I was happy that I had become her steadfast friend.
I carefully listened to all she had to say to me, her school stories, her little cycling fights, her want for pocket money and her achievements in daily life. They say nothing can last forever, I began to think on this cliché. My daughter grew beautiful and graceful. She was smart as a button and bold as brass.
I celebrated my victory of making my daughter independent. But I wondered she was fragile , delicate and world outside had gone to dogs. My princess was turning out to be a asset to me as she grew , on the contrary my growth bothered me . I could protect her, shield her, till I had my strength in my hands. She pursued her dreams, I watched her smiling, playing all around the home. She won all the battles in pursuing her dream and returned victoriously. I watched her new expressions, her gestures, she would look at me with such respect and adoration. I was glad I was her hero.

My little princess had become a young enthusiastic lady. I wondered how time flies so quickly. My worries did not cease, they increased. I had to fulfill my last duty as a father. I realized then, marriage was not an easy affair, it demanded great skills on father s part. I realized the happiness and peace a marriage brought into my child s life. It was an uphill task but then it was a father s achievement.
Today I watch a dazzling bride sitting poignantly on the silver plank before me. Beside her is her next hero of her life, her husband. It hurts me a bit to give that throne of heroism to somebody because
I know no one will love my princess the way I do....

Awesomeness of a Father is clearly showcased all over in this post.. Beautifully written.. :)
ReplyDelete